Classic eyeliner looks can never go out of style; we know. But if your go-to eye makeup has always been the winged eyeliner, it is time to upgrade to the trendy graphic eyeliner look. Graphic liner makeup can be as simple or as dramatic as you like, it is all about unleashing your creativity and expressing your style.
Here are 5 graphic liner looks you can try if you are bored of your usual eye makeup style –
1. Floating Crease Graphic Liner
Hands down the easiest graphic eyeliner look to recreate, the floating crease graphic liner is just what it sounds like – a floating line on your crease. Instead of tracing your upper lash line like you usually do, use your liquid eyeliner to draw a line on the crease instead. If you have hooded eyes, draw the line slightly above your crease. To create this graphic eyeliner makeup, look straight ahead in the mirror and trace the natural shape of your crease. You can join the line to the inner and outer corner of your eyes or leave it floating on the lid, the choice is entirely yours.
2. Open Ended Graphic Eyeliner
Want to experiment with graphic eyes but can’t let go of your wings? The open-ended graphic eyeliner look is perfect for those of you want to add a spin to the cult favourite winged eyeliner look. Draw a winged eyeliner as you normally would with a gel liner and then draw a floating crease in just the outer third of the eyelid and join the graphic liner to the tip of the wing. And there you have it, the best of both worlds.
3. Double Floating Graphic Eyeliner
Level up your floating graphic liner look by adding another line on your eyelid! Using a sketch pen liner, start by drawing a thin, precise line from the inner corner of your eye to the middle of your eyelid, well above your crease. Next, repat the same step, but this time draw a line from the outer corner of your eye and trace it just along your crease to flaunt two floating lines instead of one. Double the graphic liner = double the fun!
4. Dotted Graphic Liner
This graphic eyeliner makeup look is perfect for those who want to experiment with the trend without going all out. Draw any eyeliner style that you are comfortable with and then using a black eyeliner, draw small dots resting above the line you just drew. Another way to experiment with the dotted graphic liner is to draw 2-4 dots under your winged eyeliner depending on the length of your wing. Additionally, you can also add a dramatic dot to the centre of your lower lid for extra fun.
5. Coloured Graphic Eyeliner
Want to take your graphic liner look a level up? Ditch the black eyeliner and create these stunning styles with a coloured eyeliner. Play safe with brown or make heads turn with blue, the possibilities are endless. You can also use a colourful eyeshadow and create this graphic eyeliner looks with a precise angled brush. Dampen your brush with a setting spray before dipping it into the eyeshadow to make sure the colours pop. Browse through the different coloured eyeliners on Maybelline and use the Virtual Try On tool to find your favourite shade. Alternatively, you can also use a glossy eyeliner to add a sheen to your graphic eyeliner makeup.
Tips to get the perfect graphic liner look every time –
1. Prep your eyelids with an eye primer or concealer before starting your eye makeup to make sure your liner stays in place all day without smudging or fading.
2. When creating a coloured graphic eyeliner look, keep your lip makeup simple – you want your eyes to get all the attention.
3. To make the coloured eyeliner appear more vibrant, create an eyelid base with a concealer that is a couple of shades lighter than your skin tone. Use the Maybelline Foundation Finder tool to first find your exact face makeup shade match and then look for a concealer that is at least 2 shades lighter to give your eye makeup a brightening effect.
4. The final look of your graphic eyes can change depending on your eye shape. Learn how to apply eyeliner for your eye shape to get the most out of your graphic eyeliner look.