When it comes to makeup, don’t underestimate the power of blusher! Whatever your skin tone, the Maybelline New York blush palette and powder blush will give your cheeks a naturally flushed look. Our cream blush colours perfectly match different skin tones to give your complexion a pop of colour that makes your skin look fresh and healthy. Whether you want to go for a bold look or add just a hint of colour for those light, natural days – the Maybelline creamy blushes will suit your every mood!
6 ShadesBuy now
7 EASY BLUSH MAKEUP HACKS FOR THE PERFECT APPLICATION EVERY TIME!
Whether you are going for a full face of glam makeup or want to add a sun-kissed touch to your no-makeup makeup days, the right shade of blush will accentuate your facial features, complement your skin tone, and add a fresh pop of colour to your cheeks. Blush makeup offers an instant pick-me-up that can transform even the simplest of makeup looks! And paired with right eye makeup and lip makeup, your cheek blush can give you a youthful, healthy-looking, and fresh-faced complexion. Here are 7 of the best blush makeup hacks that you can use to get the most out of your blusher.
1. Went a little too crazy with your pink blush? Sometimes your sun-kissed makeup look might end up making you look sunburnt – hey, it happens to the best of us! You do not have to clean your entire face makeup and start over, simply go over your blush makeup with a little bit of your foundation and set it with powder and voila! You now have a healthy, flushed look that looks natural and radiant. Make sure you use your exact shade of foundation and powder (find your perfect shade match using the Maybelline Foundation Finder tool) as a darker or lighter shade will make your cheeks look patchy and unblended.
2. Love the dewy look of cream blush but do not want to invest in a new product? To create your cream blush makeup, all you need is a tiny amount of your face moisturiser – scrape off a little product from your powder blush and mix it with the face cream on the back of your hand. Now use your fingers or a dense brush and apply this DIY cream blush on the apples of your cheek for a naturally flushed look.
3. Here is another DIY blush makeup hack that you can create with the Maybelline Master Blush and Highlight Kit. Why stick to just one shade from the blush palette when you can mix and match them to create your unique shade? Use any two, or all three shades from the Maybelline Blush palette to create a custom cheek colour. Want to take the look a step further, mix in the highlighter from the palette to create a glowy blush, perfect for creating an all-over dewy makeup look.
4. From pale and fair to rich and deep, the diversity in Indian complexions not only lies in the skin tones but also in the different undertones. So how do you find the best blush for your Indian skin tone? Instead of buying and trying lots of different blush makeup to find one that flatters your complexion best, use the Maybelline Virtual Try-On tool and test the different shades in real-time, without having to pay any of the Maybelline Blush prices. The Virtual Try-On tool is a fun way to experiment with different Maybelline products from the comfort of your couch! (If you are a lipstick lover, try the Maybelline Lipstick Finder tool to find your perfect match)
5. Not all face shapes are the same – so why should the blush application be? Different blush application techniques help highlight different face shapes and features – here is a quick guide on how you can apply blush makeup according to your face shape –
• Square face – Focus the blush on the apples of your cheek and then sweep a small amount of the remainder towards your temples
• Round face – Sweep the blusher from the centre of your face towards your temples in an upward motion, think of it like applying a contour but on your cheeks!
• Long face – Keep your blush makeup horizontal across your face, you can also add a light wash of the blush on your nose
• Heart face – Apply the blush slightly lower than the apples of your cheek and sweep it upwards towards your temples
6. Love creating monochromatic makeup looks but don’t have the products for it? Blush to the rescue! Use the same shade of your favourite Maybelline Fit Me Mono Blush as eyeshadow and lipstick too. To use blush makeup like lipstick, use your finger or a small blending brush and apply the colour to your lips. You can also use a lip balm before applying the blusher to make the colour easy to blend.
7. If you have dark undereye circles or pigmentation around the mouth, you can use a coral or orange Maybelline cream blush shade as a colour correcting concealer! Use a precise blending brush and apply the colour to your dark spots, undereye circles, and any other pigmentation on your face and go over it with your concealer and continue with the rest of your face makeup as normal for flawless and even base makeup.