Say ‘I Do’ To Your Perfect Christian Bride Makeup look With This Ultimate Guide
If you are set to walk down the aisle soon, you will know that planning the event is no easy feat! You have to decide and finalise the venue, food, outfits, jewellery, and so much more. However, in this chaos don’t forget to finalise or overlook your Christian bride makeup look. Whether you’re hiring a makeup artist or doing your own makeup, it is always helpful to have a clear brief. So, here we are with your own ‘Catholic bride makeup’ mood board that will guide you at every step!
A Christian bride’s makeup is generally dewy, fresh and glowing, with minimal lip and face makeup. For the eye makeup, brides can either choose to go for a bold eye look or a subtle one. Either way, we are going to give you a product-by-product breakdown and help you create the ultimate church wedding makeup look!
Step-By-Step guide for Christian bride makeup look:-
1. Face makeup
• Primer - Prepping your skin ensures your Catholic bride makeup will not crease and stay throughout the day! Start by using a pore filling and dewy primer. This combo will give your skin a beautiful finish.
• Foundation - Getting your foundation to look very natural for your Christian bride makeup is the key here. Using a full coverage foundation helps you get maximum coverage in just one layer. Dot a light layer of foundation on your face and blend it well.
• Concealer - Using concealer is a great way to cover any pigmentation or dark spots you may have. Apply the concealer under your eyes and on any scars that you may want to conceal for your Catholic bride makeup.
• Contour – For this step, we'd suggest you to go for a cream contour. The creamy texture just melts into your skin without looking too harsh. Define your cheekbones, nose and jawline with the cream contour and make sure you blend it well.
• Blush and highlighter - Lightly dust some blush on the apples of your cheeks. Remember to pull the blush upwards to get a lifted look. Next, apply some highlighter on your cheekbones to achieve a beautiful glow.
• Setting spray - Seal in your face makeup with some setting spray. This will ensure your Catholic bride makeup melts into your skin and stays on all day!
2. Eye makeup
• Eyebrows - Start your eye makeup by defining your brows. Use an eyebrow pencil to fill in your eyebrows. Try to make small strokes, as this will make it look more natural.
• Eyeshadow - Once you are happy with your eyebrows, it is time to add some glam to your lids. For the soft glam Christian bride makeup look, simply deepen the crease and add a shimmer shade of your choice across the lids. If you want bolder eye makeup, you can create a cut crease look.
• Eyeliner and kajal - Keeping your eyeliner simple is a great way to create the perfect Catholic bride makeup look. Simply draw a thin line across your lid to define it. To further define your eyes, use some kajal on your waterline.
3. Lip makeup
• Lip balm - It is extremely important to prep your lips with some lip balm before starting your Catholic bride makeup. Apply some lip balm to your lips, to ensure they are super soft and supple.
• Lipstick - To add some colour to your pout, you can go for a pink shade nude lip colour. This lipstick shade will tie your whole look together and give you an ethereal look. To make sure your lipstick is super long-lasting, you can use liquid lipstick first and top it off with creamy matte lipstick.
If you’re not sure of the lipstick shade that will suit you the best, you can use the Maybelline Lipstick Finder tool to solve this dilemma. To further finalise your face and eye makeup, you can use the Maybelline Virtual Try-On tool. You can also try the Maybelline Foundation Finder tool to find your perfect foundation, concealer, and powder shade match.
With this guide, your Christian bride makeup is sure to be beautiful. Get ready to say, “I do!” with the perfect Catholic bride makeup look.