If you’ve lived through the 80s, we’re sure you remember everyone sporting a hue of blue on their lids! From parties to the red carpet, everyone rocked blue eyeshadow looks. The era of blue smokey eye makeup is one of the most iconic makeup trends! With the resurgence of blue eyeshadow makeup people have now started to revisit this trend of the 80s. We’ve spotted celebrities and influencers donning beautiful navy blue eyeshadow looks! If you want to jump on the bandwagon and create beautiful blue eyeshadow looks you’ve come to the right place. Here are three creative ways you can incorporate blue eye makeup into your ensemble.
1. A hint of blue eyeliner
If you want to play around with blue eye makeup, but want to keep it minimal, this is the look for you! Simply creating a blue eyeliner look can elevate your makeup. With your coloured eyeliner you can create several experimental looks. For a simple and everyday blue eyeliner makeup look, you can draw a sharp winged liner, but replace your black eyeliner for a blue one. This will add a pop of colour to your look! For a more creative look, you can create a double wing with black and blue eyeliner makeup. You can also experiment with different graphic eyeliner designs and come up with creative blue eyeliner looks! Additionally you can use your pencil eyeliner to also create a blue kajal look. Adding a hint of blue to your waterline can define your eyes and make it look elegant.
2. A blue smokey eye
If you’re tired of the same old brown and black smokey eye looks, this one's for you! Creating a smokey blue eyeshadow look will add an oomph factor to your final look. This blue eye makeup can be perfect for a night time cocktail party. You can choose a deep blue shade to create this dark blue eyeshadow look. Here is a breakdown of how you can create a step by step blue eye makeup look:
Start by applying primer to your lids. After this, simply add a shade of light brown matte shadow to your lids. Next, draw a thick line with your blue creamy eyeliner pencil. Quickly blend this eyeliner across your lids with a brush. This will help you achieve a smoked out look and give you a beautiful navy blue eyeshadow look. Once you are happy with the blend, take some dark brown eyeshadow and apply it to your crease for a buffed out look. Complete this look with some black or silver eyeliner and mascara!
3. A blue cut crease eye makeup look
For ultimate glam, a blue cut crease eye makeup is perfect! It adds drama to your eyes, giving you a sexy look. It may sound tricky, but trust us it is worth the effort. If you want something that is slightly more subtle, you can create a half cut crease look.
• For the blue cut crease eye makeup start by adding dark blue eyeshadow to your crease and blend this towards your brow bone.
• Once you are happy with the blend, it is time to create a contrast with your concealer. This helps define your crease and create a sharper look. Start by sweeping the concealer outward and across toward the tail of the eyebrow.
• Use an ivory or white eyeshadow to set the concealer in place. This step will also help to further define your crease.
• The next step is to add a pale blue eyeshadow on your lid. This will create a beautiful light blue eyeshadow look and deepen the contrast with your deep blue crease.
• Make sure your eyeshadow is well blended so there are no harsh lines.
• To tie the whole look together make sure to fill in your eyebrows and add some eyeliner, kajal and mascara to your eyes! Your final product will be a beautiful blue cut crease eye makeup look, that is perfect for a night around the town!
After you’re done with your blue eyeshadow look, these virtual tools will come in very handy to complete your look
• If you are unsure of which products will suit you, the Maybelline Virtual Try On tool is perfect for you. With this tool, you can try out different products and experiment with your looks. You can browse through our wide catalogue of products and choose the ones that suit you the best.
• The Maybelline Lipstick finder is perfect if you are confused about which shade will suit the occasion. This tool browses through our wide catalogue of lipsticks and picks the perfect one for you.
Blue eyeshadow makeup may seem intimidating at first, but it surely looks gorgeous! So next you are in the mood to experiment, venture out of the usual browns and explore blue hues!