Do you sometimes have the urge to pack it all up and go on a long vacation? We’ve all been there. We all need a break from the hustle-bustle of life. Vacations are the perfect way to rejuvenate, reconnect and relax! Once your tickets are booked and the trip dates are round the corner, the excitement starts to build up. While exploring a new destination is the top priority, we’re sure the beauty fanatic in you is excited to match your vacation makeup to your destination. We are here with vacation makeup looks based on your destination, which is sure to give you the perfect Instagram picture!
1. Tropical vacation
If you’re a beach bum, then this vacation makeup guide is perfect for you! Makeup for beach vacations has to be light, glowing and dewy. This will help you look good without being too heavy on your skin. Follow these steps for the perfect minimal makeup for beach vacation:
• For this tropical holiday makeup look start by using sunscreen on your skin. This is a step you cannot skip when you’re going to be laying on the beach.
• Set this in with a light dusting of loose powder. Avoid baking your vacation makeup as it will make your makeup look very heavy.
• Use a contour, blush and highlighter with a slightly heavy hand for that sunkissed look! You can apply some stick highlighter on your décolletage as well. This will add an extra bit of glow to your vacation makeup look!
• To complete your makeup for beach vacation, use a liquid lipstick of your choice. You can go for a nude shade or add a pop of colour depending on your mood!
2. Winter wonderland makeup
The snowy mountains call for the perfect winter vacation makeup look! This vacation makeup should give your skin a healthy glow and make you look like the diva you are! For your winter holiday makeup look:
• Start by moisturising your face. This will ensure your makeup doesn’t crack throughout the day.
• For your face makeup, start by using some primer. After that mix a drop or two of moisturiser in your foundation. This will ensure your skin doesn’t dry through the day. It will also help your foundation stay in place. Lock your base makeup with some pressed powder.
• The next step of your vacation makeup would be to apply blush. When in a colder region, it is best to apply blush on the apples of your cheeks and nose for the flushed look!
• For your eye makeup, it is best to keep it super simple. Start by dusting a matte brown eyeshadow across your lids. Next, use a shimmer shade of your choice and blend it well.
• Once you are happy with your eyeshadow, apply some kajal to your waterline and lashline. This will give your eyes some definition.
• To round up your eye makeup, use some volumizing mascara to give you fluttery lashes for your winter vacation makeup
• For your lip makeup, use some tinted lip balm to nourish your lips. If you want to add some more colour to your lips, opt for a creamy matte finish lipstick. This will not dry out your lips and help you create the perfect vacation makeup look!
3. The perfect staycation look
At times, a longer vacation is not feasible. This is why a staycation is the best way to get a small break! If it is a staycation in your city or a town nearby, it is the perfect time to get your glam on! For your staycation makeup look:
• After prepping your skin, start by doing your face makeup as usual. Use your foundation, concealer, powder, contour, blush and highlighter to give your face a beautiful look.
• For your eye makeup, you can create a beautiful cut crease look! Doing this will be the perfect dinner date look. With some eyeliner and kajal, define your eyes. Add some mascara to add drama to your staycation makeup
• It is time to complete this vacation makeup look with some lipstick. You can opt for a bright pink in the day and a deep wine lipstick shade for the night.
To help you do your makeup even better, Maybelline New York has some tools. These tools will help you choose the right products to ace every look you create!
• The Maybelline Lipstick Finder tool is a tool that helps you choose your perfect lipstick shade based on the occasion and mood.
• With the Maybelline Foundation Finder tool, you can find your perfect shade from the comfort of your home. This mobile-only tool scans your face and gives you perfect shade match recommendations for your skin tone and undertone.
• With the Maybelline Virtual Try On tool, you can virtually try different products and pick the ones you like the best!
• With just a few clicks the Maybelline Fit Me Finder tool matches you to shade options for foundation, concealer and powder that fit you perfectly.
Vacation makeup is a fun way to express yourself while relaxing and unwinding. But don’t get too caught up in perfecting your holiday makeup look, remember to have fun and enjoy the scenery as well!