There are times when no matter how well you blend your foundation and concealer, your face makeup just won’t look right. It exaggerates your pores, looks streaky and creases very easily. All these woes have one solution, primer. A small dollop of a good face primer use manages to blur your pores, smoothens your skin and make your makeup glide on beautifully. Let’s dive and learn more about primer makeup use and what is face primer used for.
What is makeup primer used for?
Primer makeup use helps in preparing your skin and creates an ideal canvas to hold to the makeup you apply on top. You can also use it to prime your eyelids to make sure your eye makeup stays put.
There are different types of primers in the market, each of them has a different texture and use. Your primer could be a serum that helps hydrate your face or it could be a sunscreen that reduces the appearance of pores and smoothens your skin. However, the most common and effective primer is a silicone-based primer that smooths your skin, blurs your pores and is slightly tacky when applied. This tackiness helps your makeup adhere to it better and helps it last longer.
A face primer use may seem like a gimmick at first, but it is a product that will change your makeup game. Here are few additional benefits of primer makeup use before beginning your makeup:
1. Primer use not only blurs your pores and smoothens your skin, but also helps decrease the production of oils throughout the day.
2. The use of primer for face makeup also brightens your skin and refines its texture, this helps in achieving a smooth makeup application.
3. Face primer use also ensures that your makeup won’t crease or settle in your fine lines and ensures its stays in place all day.
4. Primer is used for helping your makeup last longer. On long days in the heat or a function to attend, a primer helps your makeup stay for a prolonged period of time.
6. If you have acne-prone skin or dry patches on your skin, primer makeup use helps even it out and doesn’t let any product settle into it.
What is the right way to apply primer?
- A couple of minutes after you are done with your skincare, and before beginning your face makeup is when you apply primer.
- Unlike other makeup products, you don’t need fancy tools to apply primer. On your clean fingers take a pea-sized amount of your favourite primer and gently warm it between your fingers. You don’t need to lather your skin with primer, you need a very small amount.
- Press the primer into the skin on your t-zone, chin, forehead and where you have large pores. Gently press it into your skin using upwards or circular motions.
- Wait for a minute before you begin with your face makeup. This helps the primer sink into your skin well and set in place.
Applying your primer in this manner and the right tools will be a complete game changer. It will create a huge difference in the way your end result looks. After a minute, you can begin applying your foundation and concealer. If you are having trouble finding your perfect foundation and concealer shade, you can use the Maybelline Foundation Finder tool to find your perfect match. With this tool, you can virtually try out all shades and pick the one that is just right for you.
After you are done with your face makeup, you can begin working on your eye makeup. If you have extremely oily or wrinkly eyelids, you can use an eye primer to smooth it out. If you don’t want to use your eye primer, simply apply very little face primer on your eyelids and let it sit, it will have a similar effect. After this, you will witness your eyeshadow and eyeliner glide on your eye with ease. After you’ve completed your eye look with a thick coat of mascara, you can finish your makeup look with some lip makeup. Find your perfect lipstick shade with the Maybelline Virtual Try On Tool. This tool helps you try your favourite products including lipstick, eyeshadow, eyebrow pencils, etc in real time and from the comfort of your home.