The best part about makeup is that it has no rules and there is no perfect timing to change your lip makeup and paint your lips with the most exciting shades. No matter if you are a beauty enthusiast or a makeup novice, the easiest way to try a new look is with a fun, fresh and trending lipstick shade. And yes, lipstick is to the face as punctuation is to a sentence, especially during such a time where half of our faces are hidden with masks. However, lipsticks aren’t just about making a statement but can also help to transform your entire makeup look in seconds. From a flashy orange lip shade to a bold red shade, it’s time to do your lips some service with some hot and new lipstick trends. Ahead are some striking and latest lipstick trends of 2022 that will help to colour your pout with the best.
1. Bold burgundy
There is no denying that lipstick can easily light up your face with sass. If you are a fan of dark, bold lipstick shades, there is no better time to pull out those vampy hues with a popular lipstick shade. Wondering which is one of the bold, trendiest colours to wear? Burgundy is the answer. This reddish-brown colour is inspired by the colour of wine and is elegant, edgy, moody, timeless, sophisticated, and unexpected yet surprisingly wearable on all skin tones.
• Our recommendation – Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick – Burgundy Blush
2. Splashy orange
Orange is the colour of fun, creativity and is very flattering and complementary to all skin tones. The orange colour is cool but feels electrifying and energizing – swipe it on your lips and you’re guaranteed to experience a mood lift.
• Our recommendation – Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink Crayon Lipstick – Laugh Louder
3. Rich berry
If red isn’t your vibe but you’re after a statement lip colour, a low-maintenance but high-impact lipstick trend is a rich berry shade. The berry lipstick shade is a foolproof way to look effortlessly put together and supercool. It is a fresher take on the standard burgundies and dark browns that you may usually see and is the ripe pick for a look that’s vibrant but edgy.
• Our recommendation – Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick X Pinks Edition – Initiator
4. Tanned brown
A brown or nude lipstick shade is a great option for those who like to play safe. This is also the perfect lip colour if you wish to excel in the no-makeup makeup look. It is somehow both, edgier and easier to pull off than any other lip shade and pairs perfectly with most outfits and skin tones. Opting for the brown lipstick trend will provide rich colour and create the definition you want.
• Our recommendation – Maybelline Sensational Liquid Matte Lipstick – Bare It All
5. Bright red
You can never go wrong with classic and vibrant red lipstick. This signature shade pairs well with just about everything and can be jazzed up for a party or toned down for a more casual event, being perfect for all occasions and clothes. The red lipstick trend is elegant, effective, refined, and sure to stand out anywhere you wear it.
• Our recommendation – Maybelline Color Sensational Ultimattes – More Ruby
• Pro tip: We are sure that you would want to protect your lips before trying any of these new lipstick trends. The best way to begin your lip makeup is by applying a nourishing lip balm. A lip balm will prevent drying and chapping of your lips while also protect your pout from the sun. Try the Maybelline Baby Lips Lipcare lip balm to heal, soothe and pamper your lips with the love and care it needs.
Not sure of the lipstick shade that will suit you the best? Try the Maybelline Lipstick Finder tool to solve this dilemma. To further finalise the rest of your face makeup and eye makeup, go for the Maybelline Virtual Try-On tool. You can also try the Maybelline Foundation Finder tool and the Maybelline Fit Me Finder tool to find your perfect foundation, concealer, and powder shade match. Once you are confident, try these latest lipstick trends of 2022 and look the best from the rest.