Pride makeup is beautiful, colourful and experimental. It is all about expressing yourself and embodying your best self. With an array of colours, makeup has to offer, you can play around and create a plethora of pride makeup looks. However, you don’t need to burn a hole in your pocket and buy a lot of makeup to create pride month makeup looks. You just need to think outside of the box and use products from your current makeup stash creatively. We’ve collated a list of 3 rainbow-inspired pride makeup looks that are sure to make heads turn.
1. Rainbow liner
• Next, with some yellow and green eyeshadow continue tracing your liner. A pro tip, if your green and yellow eyeshadow aren’t potent enough, spray a brush with some setting spray and pick the eyeshadow on a wet brush. This will help deliver more pigment to your eyes.
• For red, orange and purple you can use some lipstick and apply it to your lids with the help of a fine brush.
Apply each colour one after the other and you’ll have a pride makeup look for the eyes, that is simple and adds the right amount of colour.
2. Rainbow eyeshadow
The best way to bring a rainbow to your eyes is with a pride eyeshadow look. This look may be a little time consuming, but the results are truly worth it.
• After prepping your eyes, start by buffing a brown eyeshadow across your lids. This will help create an even base to work with.
• On one eye, work with blue, purple and red colours. You can use your eyeliner or lipsticks to get the colour on your lids. Apply one shade at a time and blend it well.
• For the other eye, apply yellow, red and orange in the same fashion. Dividing the colours will help each colour to show up and also make it easier for you.
After blending the colours well, fill in your eyebrows for a defined look. Next, use some kajal to line your waterline. As a finishing touch, apply some mascara to get voluminous lashes. With this, your eyes are ready with the perfect pride month eyeshadow look.
3. Rainbow coloured hearts on the cheekbones
If you aren’t someone who likes to experiment with pride eyeshadow looks, this is a great way to add a touch of rainbow to your look.
• Once you are satisfied with the heart, start to fill in each colour of the rainbow the heart. You can blend each colour slightly to make it look seamless.
• After you are done blending, apply some glitter on top of each heart. This will add the right amount of bling to your look.
For your lip makeup, use some bold lipstick and you’re ready with a simple pride makeup look. If you are unsure of the lipstick shade you should pair with your look, the Maybelline Lipstick finder tool will be very helpful. You can virtually find your perfect shade of lipstick with this tool!
If you have trouble with finding your perfect foundation shade, the Maybelline Foundation Finder tool can help you pick the right shade. From the comfort of your home, you find your perfect match.
If you’re sceptical about which products will suit you the best, with the Maybelline Virtual Try On tool you can virtually try out a wide catalogue of products and buy what you like!
Pride makeup is all about having fun, there are no rules to it. So pull out your most colourful makeup and experiment with your looks!