IT’S (ALMOST) YOUR BIRTHDAY! And it definitely calls for a celebration, big or small. Whether you’re just entering your teenage years or celebrating the big 4-0 milestone, you need to get your glam on. And there can’t be a better way to do that than creating a birthday makeup look that will make you stand out from the crowd. You can either opt for a natural look or go all blingy with your birthday party makeup, after all it’s your day and you get to decide what look you want to go for. But in case you’re looking for suggestions, we are here with our favourite birthday makeup ideas that can help you tick one thing off your party preparation checklist.
1. Let your pout steal the show!
A bold lip colour makes a statement like no other! For this birthday makeup look, we recommend opting for a bold lip colour to let your lips do the talking - you can choose a dark lipstick shade and wear minimal makeup. Just one swipe of a bold lipstick colour and you are ready to rock your stunning glam birthday makeup look.
If you‘re not sure about which colour to go for, we have some options for you. You can pick a deep red, chocolatey brown or a berry shade. Don’t worry, you can use the . This tool chooses your perfect lipstick shade based on the occasion and mood.
Maybelline Lipstick Finder tool to choose the lip colour that will suit you the best.
2. Smokey Eyes for the win
If you‘re planning to flaunt a ravishing birthday party makeup look at a night out, there is nothing more sultry than smokey eyes. is sure to up your glam quotient and create an alluring look. Smokey eye makeup is sure to up your glam quotient and create an alluring look, and we’ll show you how to ace it.
• Start with the Maybelline tattoo studio smokey gel pencil eyeliner to draw a thick line across your upper eyelids and blend it using the blender attached on the other side of the pencil.
• Once it is blended well, use some matte brown eyeshadow and diffuse the crease to ensure no harsh lines are visible.
With just these three simple steps, you can create a perfect smokey glam birthday makeup look for a night around the town.
3. Brunch look
A birthday brunch is always a good idea! For the perfect brunch birthday party makeup look, opt for a dewy base, flushed cheeks and muted lips. These elements will create a daytime glam that will look natural yet elegant.
• Start by using minimal foundation and concealer to even out your skin tone. Make sure you choose a foundation and concealer shade that matches you perfectly. With the Maybelline Foundation Finder tool, you can find your best match from the comfort of your home.
• Use a rose gold highlighter on the high points of your face to get a slight glow.
• For your lip makeup, choose your perfect shade of pink-y nude.
This simple birthday makeup look is appropriate for daytime and is sure to make for the perfect birthday look.
4. 3-product glam!
If you’re not a huge fan of applying too much makeup, this birthday makeup idea can be a good option for you. With just three products you can enhance your appearance and get birthday ready.
• Start this simple birthday makeup look by using some blush on your cheeks. Using blush makes your skin pop and is a great way to look presentable. If you don’t have a blush, you can use your creamy lipstick and add some colour to your skin.
• Next, line your waterline with some kajal. This will add some definition to your eyes.
• As the last step, use a lip colour of your choice. You can even opt for tinted lip balm if you want something more natural-looking.
5. Glowing goddess
A glowing-goddess look is a classic choice for a birthday makeup look. This look is super versatile as you can wear it in the daytime and make it more glam for the night.
• For this look, start by prepping your face with some primer.
• Next, apply a stick highlighter under your foundation for that extra touch of glow.
• Continue with your face makeup as usual. If you struggle with finding your perfect base makeup shades, you can use the Maybelline Fit Me Finder tool. This tool helps you pick a foundation, concealer and powder that fits you perfectly.
• Before setting your face apply some stick highlighter with your fingers to the high points of your face. Make sure your highlighter melts into your skin.
• Set your face lightly with loose powder and apply some powder highlighter to complete the look.
• For your eyes, keep it neutral and add a shimmery eyeshadow for some pop. Apply some mascara and lipstick to complete the birthday party makeup look.
If you’re unsure of which products to pair together, you can take some help from the Maybelline Virtual Try On tool. With this tool, you can virtually try different products and pick the ones you like the best!
Now that you know these ideas and products to use, go ahead and create a birthday makeup look that will make your day more special and beautiful.