Sculpting the perfect eyebrows is no easy feat – it takes a lot of time and patience. And if we dare say it, eyebrows are one of the most important features that not only frame your face but also draw attention to your eyes, the windows to your soul. But one wrong eyebrow mistake and suddenly all the hard work you did to achieve a flawless eye makeup and face makeup seems to go in vain. But with just a few tweaks, you can completely transform your look and become an eyebrow inspo for your friends and family! Here are 10 eyebrow makeup tips and easy eyebrow hacks that will change your brow game.
1. Find the start, arch point, and tail end of your brow to find the perfect brow shape that suits your face. Not sure how? Here is how you can Get Brows That Wow In No Time
2. Choose the right eyebrow shade that matches not just your skin tone and undertone but also your hair colour. If you have dark brown or black hair, a warm toned brow product with reddish undertones is going to spoil your look! A quick eyebrow tip is to find your eyebrow shade using the Maybelline Virtual Try On tool. Upload a picture or use the Live Camera to capture a selfie, pick between the Maybelline Fashion Brow Cream Pencil or the Maybelline Define and Blend Brow Pencil, test out the different makeup shades, and find one that complements you.
3. Do not fill your eyebrows in one blocky colour from start to finish. This will make your eyebrows look boxy and unnatural. Natural brows are lighter at the start and gradually get darker towards the tail end. A simple brow hack is to use a lighter eyebrow makeup shade at the start of your brow and a darker colour in the middle and end.
4. Always look at the bigger picture! When filling in or tweezing your brows, avoid magnifying mirrors or step away from the mirror every few seconds to get a perspective of how your brows look when compared to your entire face.
5. Different eyebrow makeup products work for different brow types. For example, if your eyebrows are really sparse and need some major filling in, use an eyebrow pencil or pomade. If you already have a lot of eyebrow hair to work with and only need to make some minor tweaks, an eyebrow powder might be the right choice for you.
6. If you are an eyebrow shaping novice, a quick eyebrow tip is to use plastic eyebrow stencils to get perfectly arched brows. Simply place the desired eyebrow cutout over your natural brows, trace the outline, and fill the product!
7. Applied to much product on your brows? Brush through your brows using a clean spoolie to disperse and blend out the eyebrow makeup and achieve a more natural-looking result.
8. Did you know that you can use a concealer to not just outline your eyebrows and clean the edges but also to fill in your product and increase their longevity? If some spots in your eyebrows are extremely sparse, a great brow hack is to apply a very small amount of concealer as a base and then fill in using an eyebrow pencil or pomade. The tacky concealer will help the product stay in place for longer. But remember, do not use a brightening concealer as that will attract more attention to the sparse areas. Find an exact concealer shade match using the Maybelline Foundation Finder Tool and use that to fill in your brows.
9. If you are tweezing or plucking stray eyebrow hairs for the first time, we recommend first outlining and filling in your eyebrows so you can create the exact eyebrow shade you want. This will prevent you from overplucking your brows. All you need to do now is pluck any hairs that are outside your filled in shape and you are done!
10. Don’t forget to clean your tweezers before and after every use. Just like your other face, eye, and lip makeup brushes and tools, oil and bacteria can build up on your tweezers as well. Using dirty tweezers on your skin can give rise to breakouts and infections. Use a makeup removing wipe to clean your tweezers and make it a part of your cleansing routine every time you wash all your other makeup tools.