Red is a powerful colour that symbolises love, danger, energy and adventure. When it comes to outfits, everyone loves to have some variations of red dresses hanging in their closet. A red dress and high heels can never go out of fashion or go wrong. This combination brings out an alluring yet bold look for all. However, sometimes finding the right makeup for a red dress can be tricky and one wrong move can make your look go from gorgeous to gaudy. Figuring out the perfect red dress makeup look can be overwhelming, so, here we've rounded up a few ideas to save you the hassle and get you the perfect makeup look for a red dress.
1. Classic red dress makeup look
If you are thinking of going classic, here’s what you can do. Start with defining your brows using an eyebrow pencil to create the base for a perfect eye makeup for red dress. Follow this step by creating the trendy cat eyes look with an eyeliner and keep it as simple or as dramatic as you like. Give your complexion a pop of colour by applying a rosy nude blush on the apples of your cheek. Complete your look with nude lipstick.
Our picks -
• Eyeliner - Maybelline Hyper Glossy Liquid Liner
• Blush - Maybelline Fit Me Mono Blush – Rosy Nude
• Lipstick - Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick – Chili Nude
2. Cherry red gown makeup look
Donning a vibrant cherry red gown? The perfect match for you is to use a black and bold eyeshadow to colour your lids. Play around with colours and use a green eyeshadow on your lower lash for a dramatic effect. Make your cheeks look fresh and healthy by applying a pink blush. Pair a pink lipstick with red dress to stand out from the rest.
Our picks –
• Eyeshadow - Maybelline Nudes Eyeshadow Palette & Maybelline New City Mini Eyeshadow Palette – Central Park Brights
• Blush - Maybelline Fit Me Mono Blush – Pink
• Lipstick - Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink Liquid Lipsticks X Pinks Edition – Savant
3. Rosy red dress makeup look
Start your eye makeup for a red dress by opting for subtle and nude eyeshadow shades. Apply waterproof mascara to densify every lash and add volume to your eyes. Add a touch of youthfulness to your face by going for a rosy blush. Finish the look with brown lipstick.
Our picks –
4. Wine red gown makeup look
To complement the dark tones of a deep wine red gown, create a dramatic cut crease look. Define your crease using brown eyeshadow and apply a brightening concealer across the lid, cutting your crease in a clean semi-circle. Use the Maybelline Foundation Finder tool to find your perfect concealer shade and then use a shade or two lighter to get the desired look. Take your eye makeup a notch higher by using the lightest shimmer shade eyeshadow and apply it on the concealer. Next, opt for a soft peach blush to add a tint of colour to your cheeks. Enhance your lips by applying bold red lipstick.
Our picks –
• Eyeshadow - Maybelline City Mini Eyeshadow Palette
• Blush - Maybelline Fit Me Mono Blush – Peach
• Lipstick - Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick Rouge Reds – Gritty
5. Candy red dress makeup look
Up for a glossy, candy red colour dress? Keep your face makeup simple and add lots of shimmer to your eyelids. Add definition to your eyeshadow makeup by using a kajal and apply a wine blush to your cheeks for achieving an easy yet perfect look. Glam up your look by opting for coral lipstick.
Our picks –
• Eyeshadow - Maybelline Nudes Eyeshadow Palette
• Blush - Maybelline Fit Me Mono Blush – Wine
• Lipstick - Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick – Craving Coral
Be it your lipstick or eyeshadow for red dress, to make your makeup stand out you need a base makeup to support it. The first step of your makeup is to use a primer that will help you create a smooth base and keep your makeup in place all day. To create an even complexion, apply the foundation. Follow this step by using a concealer to highlight certain parts of your face like your eye contours and the top of your cheekbones. If you’re not sure about your face, lip makeup or eye makeup for a red dress, use the Maybelline Virtual Try-On tool that will help you experiment with different products from the comfort of your home. Now go and rock that red dress with ease.