Whether you are going for a full face of glam makeup or want to add a sun-kissed touch to your no-makeup makeup days, the right shade of blush will accentuate your facial features, complement your skin tone, and add a fresh pop of colour to your cheeks. Blush makeup offers an instant pick-me-up that can transform even the simplest of makeup looks! And paired with right eye makeup and lip makeup, your cheek blush can give you a young, healthy-looking, and fresh-faced complexion. Here are 7 of the best blush makeup hacks that you can use to get the most out of your blush palette.
1. Went a little too crazy with your pink blush? Sometimes your sun-kissed makeup look might end up making you look sunburnt – hey, it happens to the best of us! You do not have to clean your entire face makeup and start over, simply go over your blush makeup with a little bit of your foundation and set it with powder and voila! You now have a healthy, flushed look that looks natural and radiant. Make sure you use your exact shade of foundation and powder (find your perfect shade match using the Maybelline Foundation Finder tool) as a darker or lighter shade will make your cheeks look patchy and unblended.
2. Love the dewy look of a cream blush but do not want to invest in a new product? To create your own cream blush makeup, all you need is a tiny amount of your face moisturizer – scrape off a little product from your powder blush and mix it with the face cream on the back of your hand. Now use your fingers or a dense brush and apply this DIY cream blush on the apples of your cheek for a naturally flushed look.
3. Here is another DIY blush makeup hack that you can create with the Maybelline Master Blush and Highlighter Palette. Why stick to just one shade from the blush palette when you can mix and match them to create your own unique shade? Use any two, or all three shades from the Maybelline Blush palette to create a custom cheek colour. Want to take the look a step further, mix in the highlighter from the palette to create a glowy blush, perfect for creating an all-over dewy makeup look.
4. From pale and fair to rich and deep, the diversity in Indian complexions not only lies in the skin tones but also in the different undertones. So how do you find the best blush for your Indian skin tone? Instead of buying and trying lots of different blush makeup to find one that flatters your complexion best, use the Maybelline Virtual Try On tool and test the different Maybelline blush shades in real-time. The Virtual Try On tool is a fun way to experiment with different Maybelline products with zero commitment and from the comfort of your couch!
5. Not all face shapes are the same – so why should the blush application be? Different blush application techniques help highlight different face shapes and features – here is a quick guide on how you can apply blush makeup according to your face shape –
a. Square face – Focus the blush on the apples of your cheek and then sweep a small amount of the remainder towards your temples
b. Round face – Sweep the blush from the centre of your face towards your temples in an upward motion, think of it like applying a contour but on your cheeks!
c. Long face – Keep your blush makeup horizontal across your face, you can also add a light wash of the blush on your nose
d. Heart face – Apply the blush slightly lower than the apples of your cheek and sweep it upwards towards your temples
6. Love creating monochromatic makeup looks but don’t have the products for it? Blush to the rescue! Use the same shade of your favourite Maybelline FitMe Mono Blush as eyeshadow and lipstick too. To use the blush makeup like lipstick, use your finger or a small blending brush and apply the colour to your lips. You can also use a lip balm before applying the blush to make the colour easy to blend.
7. If you have really dark undereye circles or pigmentation around the mouth, you can use a coral or orange Maybelline blush shade as a colour correcting concealer! Use a precise blending brush and apply the colour to your dark spots, undereye circles, and any other pigmentation on your face and go over it with your concealer, and continue with the rest of your face makeup as normal for a flawless and even base makeup.