A makeup staple for centuries, the humble eye kajal has survived the test of time and continues to be a must have in makeup bags all around the globe. First used in Egypt in 3100 BC, kajal pencils and kohls were used to decorate the eyes and was used by nobles and royalties. The Egyptians believed that outlining their eyes with kohl pencils would protect them from eye ailments and soothe their eyes. The kajal soon became famous all around the world and now is a cult favourite. Whether you want to create a simple look by just swiping it on your lash line or you want to be the centre of attention with intense smokey eyes, kajal sticks will always make heads turn. While eye makeup products like eyeshadows, eyeliners, and mascaras are great for glamming up your eyes, nothing completes the look quite like a kajal.
The Maybelline New York Colossal kajals are perfect for not just defining your eyes but will also help you take your eye makeup game to the next level. With long lasting staying power and intense black pigments, the Maybelline New York Kajals are just what you need to add an extra oomph to your makeup look.
• Maybelline Kajal is infused with the goodness of aloe vera, vitamin C, and vitamin E that not only beautify your eyes but also nourish it. Use the Colossal Kajal to create bold and smudge-free lines that last up to 24 hours. The waterproof kajal pencil has an intense black fix formula that delivers intense colour and the blackest shine, making it one of the best kajal pencils in India.
• The Maybelline Colossal Kajal Super Black is 2 times blacker and bolder and glides on smoothly and effortlessly. The light absorbing pigments in the Colossal Super Black Kajal deliver 2 times more blackness for double the intensity. The rich glossy sheen and intense black colour of the kajal eye pencil stays waterproof and smudge-proof for up to 36 hours. You can get your hands on these Maybelline Kajals online, and create smoldering looks yourself! The Maybelline Kajal price starts at Rs 180, making it super pocket friendly as well.
If you want help picking between the two Colossal Kajals, head over to the Maybelline Virtual Try On tool and see yourself in the Maybelline eye kajals. With the Virtual Try On tool, you can experiment with different face, eyes, and lip makeup products in real time with zero commitment and from the comfort of your home. Mix and match different colours, textures, and products to create a makeup look that you love.
You can play around with your Maybelline Kajal and experiment with different styles like classic, winged, double wings, kitten eye, retro fishtail eyes, smokey eyes, etc.
Here is how to create a quick smokey eye makeup look with just kajal.
1. To make sure your smokey eye does not crease, prime your eyelids using a tiny amount of foundation, concealer, or face primer. Find your shade of foundation and concealer using the Maybelline Foundation Finder tool. Blend the primer in and set it using a setting powder or nude eyeshadow.
2. Now using a Maybelline Colossal Kajal, line your upper eyelid, creating thick and intense strokes. Do not worry about creating crisp and perfect lines, you will be blending it out in the next step anyway.
3. Using an angled brush or a dense eyeshadow brush, start smudging the kajal all over your eyelid. You can either cover your entire eyelid or focus on the outer half or one third of your eye and use a lighter shimmer shade in the rest of the space.
4. Continue smudging the kajal till you get the desired coverage and make sure the edges are soft and blended with no harsh lines.
5. Using the same angled brush or kajal pencil, draw a fresh line close to your lash line for a more intense and defined look.
6. Use the Maybelline smudge proof kajal on your lower waterline to define your eyes.
7. Finish your smokey eye look by applying a generous coat of your favourite mascara to get long and dramatic eyelashes.
And there you have it, an easy smokey kajal eye makeup that even absolute beginners can create! As a finishing touch, apply your favourite shade of lipstick to complete the look. If you aren’t sure about the lip colour you should use, with the Maybelline lipstick finder tool you can virtually try different lipstick shades, and pick the one that suits you the best.